miércoles, 24 de septiembre de 2008

   Rain.  Every day, lately.  Not just rain, but thunder, lightening, and occasional brinks with no electricity.  
   Last weekend we went to the Marriott Hotel for our staff retreat.  It seemed a little extravagant to me, but it was really neat, because every employee of the school was invited, from the administration to the cleaning staff and maintenance workers - so for the weekend we were all pampered together.  My favorite part of the experience was the bathroom.  It was absolutely beautiful and I didn't have to adjust the water temperature after I set it (at home I am continually readjusting the shower, because one second its too hot and the next second its too cold).  In the short amount of time I was there I took two showers and two baths... there was also a beautiful bathtub.                
   Friday night we went to hear Pablo play at Cafe Libro with the band Sierra.  The show was really fun and the cafe was a really good atmosphere.  After the band was done playing, the floor was cleared and everybody started dancing.  They played a lot of fun latino music and at the end they played I Will Survive and the YMCA.  It was so fun to be on the dance floor with all Ecuadorians doing the motions to the YMCA.   

No hay comentarios: