miércoles, 3 de septiembre de 2008

   After school Kim, Cherie, and I took a bus to the University Central area, to go to a copy shop. 1 1/2 cents per page.  The print shop is one of those hole in the wall businesses, up 3 flights of stairs, passing by one of those "treasure" stores that has every kind of tacky decorative crap you could ever imagine, on the first floor, a sketchy billiards room that smelled overwhelmingly like stale incense, on the second, and at last, our muy barrato print shop... and quite possibly the smiliest baby I have ever seen, who sat in his papa's arms, smiling so big his eyes almost disappeared.  It rained the whole time we were out.
   The electricity went out at school today.  I understand this is a common occurrence.  I didn't even realize until I went downstairs for lunch, since my classroom has a huge window with enough sunlight that I never turn on the overhead lights.  Which works perfectly for me, since I strongly dislike fluorescent lighting.  
   The school is situated on one block and the soccer field is on the next block over, connected by a second floor tunnel.  Two days a week it is my responsibility to stand by the soccer field entrance and greet the students as they arrive.  Apparently we have some prestigious students, or one in particular... the preschooler arrived in a suv with tinted windows and a driver.  A guard on motorcycle was following.  Moments later another guard on motorcycle arrived on the scene, apparently circling the neighborhood to check security - and every day, all day long, there is a privately hired guard sitting outside the school on his behalf, just in case.   

1 comentario:

Molly and Nathan dijo...

Amy!
I love reading your blog....:) you write very well!! wish i could see with my eyes what you are describing---hope all is well with you...if you have skype my user name is "medntp". what is yours?? miss you tons!
-Molly