miércoles, 11 de noviembre de 2009

Occasionally I really try to dress up for work. Last Thursday, one such day, I wore nice dress pants, a button up jacket, and heels. Fernando was the first one to arrive to my 9 o'clock class. The first thing he said was, "Why are you wearing that?" I, slightly caught of guard, responded with , "Uh, I don't know..." He said, "Just tell me what you were thinking when you got dressed this morning." I replied, "I thought it might be cold, so I put the jacket on." He silently nodded, saying more with his silence than words would permit. I was immediately suspicious. "Why, does it look bad?" I asked. He said, "I'm not going to say anymore." I persisted, so he said, "Yeah, bad." He proceeded to tell me that I looked like a banker. I tried to defend myself, by saying that I wanted to look professional. He said, "If you want to be professional, you have to look like it every day." "So I didn't look professional yesterday?" I questioned. "No, yesterday you looked like a hippy," he said.
Thanks, Fernando. There is some third grade honesty for you.

1 comentario:

Tutens in Ecuador dijo...

hey amy,
i happen to come upon your blog when reading christys.
this was hilarious. fernando sounds like quite the character.
mari